Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hooooooooola!

Hello everyone!

I am alive and well! This is going to be a quick blog as I´m at a cafe and being timed and charged...

My new cell phone number is 01152 755 113 7580

Land line: 01152 755 554 6749

Address
AND ESMERALDA NTE EDIF 87 DEPTO 501
U HAB INFONATIVE EL HUJAL IN
40880 JOSE AZUETA, GRO C.R. 40887 MEXICO

Communicate with me!!! We´re thinking about putting internet in at the apartment because we found a pretty good package rate, but it´ll take awhile. Until then, it´ll be sporadic trips to internet cafes, which let me tell you, is quite the change from being able to check your email and facebook 28 times a day!

I got here just fine and managed to help Pako lug my suitcases up the hill (to get to the bottom of the apartment building from the parking lot-- mom, you´re going to love it.. Blanca too .. jaja) and the 5 stories. The apartment is nice, small and blue, but still nice. I have a whole room for shoes and not enough shoes to fill it... how tragic! :)

Pako´s dad was a literal hero and saved a little boy from drowning, but ended up in the hospital as he is 62. He was released with a clean bill of health on Tuesday, but Pako´s sister, Lorena, is not letting him out of her sight until he´s taken all of the meds the docs gave him. So that means Pako and I have been in charge of the hotel for awhile. The mosquitos by the beach are tiny, not at all Minnesota sized, but love me as much as I hate them. I bathe regularly in mosquito repellent.

I have orientation tomorrow at my school, which I am really looking forward to, so that I will finally know a bit more about my job here. I imagine, also, that going to work will make this seem a bit more real to me than it currently does. Right now, I´m still feeling like I´m on vacation.

Saw some big spiders and a centipede that was the size of my dog... That was unpleasant. Otherwise, no big surprises, animal-wise. I know there is SO much more I wanted to say, but I´m running out of time here. I hope to write more soon!

I miss you ALL a lot and feel pretty disconnected. There is internet at my job, so I´ll be able to take my own comp and upload photos and whatnot and be more in touch :) Send me emails (or texts or call me!!) because even though I can´t reply to everything, I love hearing about life back home!

Love! Until next time,
Leyah

1 comment:

  1. can I text you? or will you get charged? how does that work?
    and that is your address?! Holy Cow!
    Should I put Leyah Laurent on the first line, so it is four lines total, but they are just really long lines? I don't even know what all of that means? So many words and numbers...

    Blanca: "Gina can be so stupid sometimes."

    anyway,
    Spiders...yuck!
    We miss you! Tomorrow is my last day of class. I feel like we should meet at the Wild Onion tomorrow. I guess in Mexico it would probably be the cebolla loca. I think I like that better...
    Good luck! actually, let's attribute your success to your internal, permanent qualities. You ROCK! Because you are a smart, hard working scholar!
    love,
    Gina Marie

    ReplyDelete