Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tiny Update < FOOTBALL!

Hola blog readers!

I've had a week back at school. I am ready for vacation again. Just kidding, almost. This past week and for the next two weeks, I'm only sort of back at school. Elementary and middle school have stared again, but high school doesn't start until the 31st of January. There are perks and drawbacks to this arrangement. Perks include the fact that I am done by 11am each day and have the extra time to be planning and staying on top (and hopefully) getting ahead of myself so that I'm not feeling overly stressed come wedding time. Also, I get to hang with my padres in the afternoons. The drawbacks include not getting a full-sized pay check until Feb 15th and being left in this limbo of sort-of-go-mode. Since I only work 2 hours a day (inconveniently separated by a half an hour break, which you don't need if you are only teaching 2 hours, but it's whatev), it's hard to really get in a groove. I'm just getting in a groove by the end of secondary (ugh, secondary) and then boom, I'm done working! Plus, my high school classes are my favorite ones. Also, the fact that they got pushed back by a week means that I'm going to have to scramble to teach them what I want to teach them before I leave. In all likelihood, I'm going to have to cut some things out, which I don't like to do. Again, it's whatev (see what I mean about not being able to get amped up? I feel 'whatev' about the whole business right now).

More importantly, FOOTBALL!!! Stop reading here if you're not a Packer fan because this is about to get real boring for you. You've been warned!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Packers not only won their second play-off game last night, they stomped those dirty birds! Aaron Rodgers played out of his head, OUT OF HIS HEAD! I believe he had 4 incompletions the ENTIRE game! OMIGOSH, I love him. Also, the packers did not punt ONCE during the whole game either. When does that happen? I'll tell you when, it happens when your quarterback plays a rockstar game and the entire offense gets together and decides to play football! Aside from that one fumble at the beginning of the game, the Packer offense was amaze-balls.

The defense played well, too. Clay Matthews, I think I love you. I mean, I know I love you. Also, Shields. I'm gonna love that guy next season, for sure. I've always loved Woodson and will continue to do so for a long, long time (I hope). I can't not mention Tramon Williams. I love that guy, too! I am one big bundle of Packer love right now!

Next week we'll battle the Seahawks (and continue with our theme of avian destruction) or we'll play the dirty bears, again. The NFC championship. Ah, how sweet it is! I love post-season football (especially and in a seriously over-the-top way when the Packers are playing)!!!

Ok, that's enough now because I could go on and on. And I would, but it's time for coffee and a novel, the best parts about a Sunday morning! I hope you all had a fabulous couple of weeks since I last wrote and another couple of good weeks until we meet again!

GO PACK GO!

Leyah

PS. Grandpa, if we end up heading to Seattle (and by we, I mean the Packers, I'm staying on the beach), we better make sure Gary and Kenny are rooting for the correct team! Maybe you should give them a call and assert your fatherly (and Wisconsin-oriented) opinion :) XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Hola? Ayudame para saber si eres esa persona k hace aƱos quiero saludar...

    ReplyDelete