Friday, October 2, 2009

Mini Improvised Photo Essay for Your Viewing Pleasure

Hello Everyone,

People have asked about my life here, so I'm going to put some pics with captions, to give you a mini visual to help you understand my life here.

This is not actually what I do all day, but Pako wishes it was:
















Here are my 11th graders when they surprised me with a cake for my birthday :) And to the left are some of my 10th graders (who have grown on me), working diligently... in our barren classroom:


















Here I am reading a book in my living room and drinking in my daily 17 liters of water to combat the heat (this is the before color of our apartment):















Here is my freshly painted Robin's-Egg-Blue bedroom and livingroom. Inhabitants of the couches: Mother in Law, Petra, to the right and Pako, right in front of the TV:


















Alright kiddies, that's all for now as I've run out of batteries and the mosquitoes are eating me up like I was a buffet dinner. More pictures soon, I promise! Tomorrow the Badgers take on the Gophers and Monday the Packers host the Queens... it's a big football weekend people! GO WISCO!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about your adjustment to Mexican culture and cohabitation culture. The painting story was precious. That's just a young man's approach to home improvement! The color is great! Glad to hear your classes are going well.

    ReplyDelete