Wednesday, June 3, 2009

2 months and counting (down)..

Yesterday I bought my plane ticket! It's official! I am moving to Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico to teach English to a whole bunch of kids I don't know yet, but most probably have more money than me.. dang! Except awesome that I have a job and it just happens to be in my field of choice! August 1st, 2009 at 8:00 am!

This is what my summer looks like:

*3 Classes at the U of MN-TC (ugh, go BADGERS!) to finish up my licenses (K-12 Spanish, ESL) and my Masters of Ed. (Second Languages and Cultures)
*See as many friends/family as possible and re-visit classic Mpls/St. Paul sites (so far on the list: Como Zoo, MN Zoo, Sculpture Gardens, Cathedral (never been!), Capitol (also never been) ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?)
*Decide what goes in the 'donate pile,' the 'sell-to-consignment-store-and-hope-they-give-me-some-money pile,' the 'store-and-maybe-never-see-again pile,' the 'parents-will-bring-in-February pile,' and the 'PACK pile.' This is going to be super awesome and tons of fun...
*Make some money/stop bleeding money
*Mentally prepare for the newest, biggest adventure
*Going-away party sometime in late July, details to follow.

So anyway, this is where I'll be posting the daily funny stories that inevitably happen to people when they move to a different country, where the culture and language are different and where they stick out like a sore thumb! Please feel free to leave comments, email me directly, call me (cell phone number to be posted when I know it) because getting calls from people from the States will probably be the highlight of quite a few of my days, or text or whatever. Communicate with me, chances are I miss you!

Hasta luego y ahi pa la proxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment